Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's Been A Busy Week...


 ...and that's kind of an understatement. Monday stalked me into Wednesday but by late this morning, all was well at the bat cave once again. The details are a blur. But from what I recall it involved a corrupt bank manager, a phone call from my doctor, a nor'easter, a really cool neighbor, a senior citizen discount, several 45 minute long showers, old school music, an email from a math teacher, my hard drive being sawed in half, a stick of deodorant, a lost check book, Lady GaGa, some sunflower seeds, seven bags of trash, four report cards, and a strange rash. None of it in that particular order. All I know is that it's now Thursday night, and I'm officially declaring it Friday. 

And tomorrow, when it actually is Friday? I'm staying in my pajamas. I'm not answering my phone. I'm not leaving my house. Hell, I might not even leave my bedroom. See, I'm beginning to notice a pattern. Seems like whenever I decide to high-five the universe, a butterfly effect happens that ultimately slaps me upside my head. At first, I thought it was karma. But there is nothing I could have possibly done in this life, or even a past one, to warrant the resurrection and rediscovery of Rico Suave by MFH. No, really. I'm considering drastic measures in order to appease the cosmic Gods. I almost shoveled The Queen Of England's sidewalk. For real real.

Something's gotta give sooner or later. I'm optimistic. I'm also realistic. I know Ed McMahon isn't going to show up at my door with a giant cardboard check, because he's like, dead. But is it really too much to ask to break even on a scratch-off? 




share on: facebook

1 comment:

  1. Do you know why you have soo many things on your mind hun???? I do,,,but i cant tell you,,or i will have to kill ya!
    Between you and me,,it may have to do with Luke and the 2 Live Crew!!!!!

    ReplyDelete