Friday, December 16, 2011

Ask Number Five!!!

Life is hard. We all face complicated decisions, some more complex than others. Stay with him or leave her? New city or old job? Rent or buy? What shoes with which dress? Paper or plastic? Chicken or beef? Obviously, we've had many a contemplation ourselves over the course of the last five months. But I've learned a very valuable lesson that is tried and true. When in doubt, ask Number Five! 

Number Five is my almost four year old daughter who gives. The. Best. Advice. Ever. She may be young, but she knows what's good. And she never fails to steer me in the right direction. She is honest. She is opinionated. She is insightful. She is spot friggin' on. 


For instance, when Little Bird's doctors first uttered the word "tracheostomy", we were really at a crossroads. One night soon after, Number Five and I lay in bed and she asked me what was wrong. I told her that the baby's lungs weren't working too well, and that the doctor wanted to fix them for her by giving her a machine that would help her breathe. Number Five told me "Don't be ah-fwade, Mommy. My baby needs to breef and make winds out her nose, and she will grow big and come home!". Call me crazy, but she was right. And the other day? I asked her what I should make for dinner. She? Told me, "Nothing!". "Nothing?", I replied, and asked her what we were supposed to eat if I didn't cook. "Pizza!", she said, as a matter of fact. "Mommy, you burn too much foods!". That, I couldn't argue. What can I say? The kid has a gift! 

Do you find yourself struggling with a tough-as-nails decision that you can't seem to make? Are you stumped by a sudden fork in the road? Do you seek wisdom and guidance? If so, you can submit any PG related question to asknumberfiver@gmail.com, and get that all important answer you've been searching for! All inquiries will be read aloud to her, and her videotaped responses will be posted here, on the blog. Why muddle in confusion when you can have the effortless and fundamental knowledge of a preschooler to guide you?

**DISCLAIMER: For entertainment purposes only! You've been warned!! Ask at your own risk!!!
share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment