Sunday, April 24, 2011

That Went Well....



My kids are fucking amazing. Really....

So we broke the news to them today, about their new baby sibling. Obviously, we waited until they were in a chocolate coma to soften the blow. I fully expected phrases such as "Eat shit!" and "Oh no you fucking didn't!" to be verbalized. Let me just say, they never fail to completely catch me off guard. 

The oldest three took it in stride. No, they did better than that. They one upped me, and started offering up baby names right away. Who expects that from three teenaged boys? I certainly didn't. #4 was a bit shocked, quite a bit shocked actually. But again, I was surprised when after about an hour or so, she came around and totally warmed up to the idea, asking me all kinds of questions (and giving name suggestions, too). 

#5 pushed me to the brink of tears. Her reaction was of absolute curiosity as she poked my belly button and asked "How's that baby gonna poop in there?". She then proceeded to dance around the living room, singing "I wanna bay-bee sissser! I wanna bay-bee sissser!". And then, completely blowing me away, she hugged me, and kissed my belly. 

You can't imagine what the last eight weeks have been like for me in terms of keeping this secret. Especially from them. Every day that passed made me more nervous about telling them. I prayed (yes, me...) that it wouldn't be viewed as something negative by them. Considering most of their ages, it was a toss up. But they never cease to impress me. They fucking rock


PS- Little ones, if you're reading this, now would be the opportune time to ask for a puppy...




share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment