Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"I've Just Got To Put These Wings To Test...."

"Mmm! Purple! Purple looks tasty!"

"What do you mean...'childproof'?

"I is too coool for childproof!"

"Shhhh! This is the best part!"

"You can't see me!"

"I is practicing my invisibility cloak!"

"I tink it's broken!"

"Da five-oh will never catch meee!!"

"Dey see me rollin'....dey hatin'..."

"...but dey won't catch me ridin' dirty!"

I wish I had more time to write a bigger update. Unfortunately (and fortunately!), we are now less than five days away from springing this little Lady from the PICU, and the clock is definitely ticking! The bad news is, I probably won't have a chance to sit down until she's over this threshold and settled in. But that's also the good news! In the meantime, I will say that she is continuing to thrive. Not only is the vent gone (like, gone-gone, as in it's no longer even in her room!), but so is the oxygen (that's still by her bedside, of course, as it will be for emergencies once we're home-though she no longer utilizes it). She sprouted four teeth, so I don't recommend putting a finger anywhere near her mouth anymore. Her feeds are also chugging along quite nicely, though she hasn't gained any weight in the past few days. But it's something her team is already all over like white on rice, and they've bumped her formula up to a higher calorie variety. As you can see by the pictures, she is quite the active girl, so I'm not going to get too concerned just yet. Well, not unless I was one of her siblings. Little Bird is going to run them into the ground in no time! 

"They always said that you knew best but this Little Bird's fallen out of that nest now. I've got a feeling that I might have been blessed so I've just got to put these wings to test..."~Annie Lennox
 



 
share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment