Sunday, October 30, 2011

Operation: Lullabies For Little Bird....

Music is powerful. Babies love it. It keeps them calm. It helps them grow. It heals. To help her concentrate on that, her nurses have given her a gift in the form of some of the best therapy imaginable. A CD player at her bedside, the pleasures of melodies to help her ease thru the hours. Little Bird loves music. I think it takes her mind off of the worry of what's next. It definitely soothes her enough to help her sleep, this I've seen for myself. 

Over the course of the past few weeks, I've been gathering a list of songs for her. Especially for her. Songs that will help her rest. Help her rejuvenate. Help her recover. Little lullabies to let her know how much I love her. There are so many. And many more that I've likely never heard myself. And this is where you all come in. 

Team Little Bird, I need your help! Can you assist me in identifying with some of the music that you listen you? Nothing is off limits (well, except for heavy metal. I'm thinking her nervous system may not be able to appreciate Marilyn Manson or the like just yet). Pop. Rock. Rap. Soul. Country. R&B. You name it. So long as it is acceptable to play in a NICU setting, it shall be added to the collection of discs that I'm making for her. Suggested songs that make it onto her playlists will also be tagged with the names of the people who recommend them for her. Just a little something for her to recognize one day when she's old enough to. 

Any and all ideas that you would like to share can posted below as a comment, passed along on Facebook, or emailed to me at rachaelsanko@gmail.com. If you can help me out with this little project, it would mean so much. I value your advice and taste, and look forward to any suggestions you might have!




share on: facebook

3 comments:

  1. (God's Will - Martina McBride) I just recently heard this song again and it made me think of my son. He was a preemie. He was born 11 weeks early. He is 2 now and starting to over come alot of the complications he had. I pray for you, your little girl, and your family daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel's Lullaby by Reba McEntire is one of our personal favorites, along with Ave Maria and Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley . I came across your BG page, then onto this blog. I call my daughter my Little Chicken (she has red hair that's fuzzy and sticks straight up) so when I read about your Little Bird, I couldn't help but start praying. I look forward to reading positive updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both very much!!! I'm pretty slow on replying to comments (sorry about that!), but I wanted you to know that I did download and add all three to her collection, and who they're from :) Music really does keep her calm. She concentrates on the sounds and I think it's a great distraction for her!! Thank you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete